Thursday, October 15, 2009

WIP another peony pillow







After trying to get my email, my website, my computer to fix for hours I gave up, ate dinner, and worked on this piece to de-stress. It's almost done, just the background needs dye. It's a 14"x14" tiny little pillow cushion. I've been painting it for maybe over 4 hours. That's not including the time I spent applying the gutta resist. Hmmm.....these take a long time, but it was so much fun. Much more fun than trying to get my computer to work.

2 comments:

Krista Hasson said...

Wow! Your silk painting is absolutely beautiful!! Thank you for stopping by my blog and leaving a comment, If you have not done watercolor before, I would think that this would go hand and hand, give it a try!

Unknown said...

Thanks Krista! My watercolor students say that silk dye painting is very similar, too. Right now, I'm soooo addicted to the silk, it may be a while before trying the watercolors -- although I have a stack of water color paper and the paints! Now why did I buy these and when did I buy these???? Strange...