Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Parts of a garment being silk dye painted




These are the front/back and left/front sides of a short kimono in crepe de chine. The sleeves will be done next, along with the front collar pieces. Then steamed, etc, etc. Hope it turns out! Never have done a large garment piece before. Two plastic sawhorses with wooden stretchers taped to them are holding up the larger frame. It's taking up my entire living room at the moment. I'm running out of space in the house, so I think I'll throw out more furniture :)
If you click on the pics, they will enlarge. Once I get the main wisteria blooms painted, and then the vines and leaves, I'll probably add more to these panels. The background was mottle-dyed in a very light dusty lavender color so that my gutta lines wouldn't be stark white.



2 comments:

Unknown said...

LOVE wysteria!! So Japanesey...

JudyMackeyart said...

Oh Sheila I was thinking the same thing - I love Wisteria's too...I'll be this kimono will be just gorgeous! So much work! sonkei shimasu.